We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
210 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

We mostly like casual beach bar places

..a good drink, sandwich, salad or a couple of appetizers for dinner suits us fine. Any recommended dishes, and where? We like most anything! !! Thanks!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

Since you are staying at Grande Bay, you can walk next door (almost) to Banana Deck. They have a mahi wrap that is big enough for two and yummy. They also have good wings and a blackened chicken salad. The Beach Bar across the street has good food as well and live music on some nights. Ocean Grille in Mongoose Junction for fish tacos and any dessert (all homemade). Candi's BBQ on the left on the way to Starfish Market.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
210 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

thanks! i've seen the blackened chicken salad mentioned a few times!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

I love the Tuna Down Now at the Beach Bar. Everytime I'm on STT, I make sure I get it.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

We're completely casual eaters and have recommendations, but don't wanna bore you with recommendations for places that aren't on the beach, if that's a prerequisite.

If you want some off-beach recommendations, I've got some!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
210 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

Sure -- we plan to roam around aimlessly for ten days so let me know!

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

Good recommendations for The Banana Deck and The Beach Bar. High Tide, Cafe Livin, and the restaurant by Joe's Rum Hut are good and all at Wharfside. Uncle Joe's and Candi's are BBQ places. If you get to the Coral Bay side, Skinny Legs and The Tourist Trap are good lunch spots. Tourist Trap is only open for lunch. Woody's also has reasonable but very casual food. There are tons of options.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

East End - Miss Vie's for black beans and rice with meat sauce or conch fritters

Coral Bay - Ekaete Pink Corner for roti or one of her specials and hand made ice cream or Tourist Trap for their lobster rolls or one of their specials

Cruz Bay - Candi's ribs

Sandwiches for the beach or something yummy to heat up for dinner or for tiramisu (yum!) - Sam and Jack's Deli in the Marketplace

Sweets - Chocolate coconut crack bars at Deli Grotto in Mongoose Junction

Have fun!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

Woody's Seafood Salon for fresh fish and good drinks. Lively atoms[here for happy hour.

9. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 21:26
Plaistow, New...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend Your Fave Menu Items !

This suggestion is a bit further down the food chain, but when I am in Cruz Bay around lunch time, I find it hard to resist a quarter fried chicken from Joe's Diner (not to be confused with Uncle Joe's Barbecue, half a block away). It's scrumptious, but be forewarned; it will set you back $2.75 to $4.00, depending on how large they are that day. The ambiance alone is priceless. Kim isn't there much anymore, being busy raising her children, but the folks behind the counter are great.

Kevin

Edited: 09 November 2012, 20:14