We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private boat charter for 8???

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Private boat charter for 8???

Can anyone recommend a private charter that can accommodate a party of 8 for our first trip to St. John in May 3013? We would like to do an all day circumnavigation and snorkel trip.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

Eek 2013 is too long to wait as it is let alone 3013 lol sorry about that

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

We have had the oportunity to do several different boat days while on St John and I am not putting one in front of the other. But, for a group of more than 6, you might want to have a look at Born to Rhumb.

http://www.borntorhumb.com/

maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

Contact Andi and Shane, owners of Born to Rhumb. They are ver nice people with a terrific knowledge of where and when to go. Their boat is a large, fast Maine lobster style boat that has been custom made to accommodate up to 12 passengers. Plenty of room with a very stable, safe ride. It's been my experience that if you have 8 people or more it isn't any more expensive to charter them and have the boat to yourselves, with your own itinerary then, it is to go on one of the larger boats that charge per person. Type in Born to rhumb...you won't be disappointed!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

We went out on Born to Rhumb when it was owned by a different captain. I agree, a fast, stable boat with plenty of room to spread out.

I know there is another boat (or more) that sort of specialize in sticking to STJ waters but I can't remember the name.

Drop Pia a private message. She books these sort of excursions and knows all the boats/captains.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

Pirates Penny or Stormy Petril. Hands down.

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

Pirates Paradise Adventures.com!

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

Pirates Paradise Adventures.com!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

Went out with them this week. Highly recommended.

9. Re: Private boat charter for 8???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 13:16