We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klein Bay new construction

Utica
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Klein Bay new construction

Hello All,

We are going in late April and staying at Orchid Villa in the Klein bay area. Could anyone give me an idea of the new place being built.

I really need to know that construction isnt going to be next door or super close.

Thank you so much for any info.

MA
Level Contributor
747 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Klein Bay new construction

I would be interested to read this information as well! Thank you!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Klein Bay new construction

http://www.casalafamiglia.com

This is being built in the Klein Bay area - if it is above the villa you are renting the noise may not be too bad if it is not too close -- if it is below it I would think truck traffic, generator noise, power tools,hammering and big machinery operating would be very noticeable during the day.

Maybe someone can post how close the location is - I just read the building blog and it certainly won't be finished by April, you can monitor the progress and see the photos - your villa management company should be able to tell you exactly how far away the construction is if no STJ residents post the info.

MA
Level Contributor
747 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Klein Bay new construction

I figured out where it is, right next door to Anansi and just below the villa, Leeward, that we are renting for two weeks in April, bummer! But, we have been down this road before, including when the villa we are renting was being built right next door to the one we were staying in. The lot where this new villa is being built has been for sale for quite a while. It is on the same road as Orchid Villa, but a villa and I think a couple lots before you reach Orchid, which sits lower than the line of the construction site. So, while you might here some noise; it will be to a lesser degree than the impact on villas above and next door. Typically we have found that villa construction starts between 7-8 am and ends by 4 and in the past it has not typically occurred on the weekends. Not sure if that is still standard operating procedure. If you are off at the beach during the day, you are not as impacted by the construction noise. T'is the way of the world on STJ.

MA
Level Contributor
747 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Klein Bay new construction

Here is a link to what the lower Klein Bay area looks like from the water. On the road where Orchid sits, to the far right you can see a small red roofed home, then as you move left you see an undeveloped lot, which is where the new villa is being built, then Villa Anansi, then some open space and then Orchid Villa and then Oleander. You should be far away enough from the direction of the noise that, as I mentioned having been through these scenarios a couple times, it should not be a real issue for you. Now, anyone renting Anansi, might experience some significant disruption to their peace and tranquility.

https:/…

Utica
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Klein Bay new construction

Super information guys, Thank you!

That photo is perfect. (any more???) :D

Im going to try not to worry about it because of what youve said.

We are staying 10 nights specifically so we can spend at least 2 days at the villa lounging around. As you said hopefully all the heavy construction will be done by this time.

6. Re: Klein Bay new construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:16