We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying alcohol

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
buying alcohol

Where's the best place on St. John to buy some alcohol to make our own drinks at our rental unit?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying alcohol

Anywhere!

All grocery stores and small markets sell it, as do the small convenience stores.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: buying alcohol

The best selection is starfish gourmet. It's the best one stop shop but isn't the least expensive.

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
975 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying alcohol

I have found the best prices at Pine Peace. Agree that Starfish has the best selection, but if you are looking for price, then Pine Peace is just a little further down the road on the same side.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying alcohol

Starfish Gourmet had Cruzan Rum (the plain silver one) for $6.99. Almost cheaper than water.

St. John
Level Contributor
161 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying alcohol

Pine Peace is cheap and actually has a pretty good selection. Oddly enough Bayside Mini Mart often has things cheaper than Starfish.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying alcohol

While expensive, the liquor store across from Starfish has a wonderful selection of wine, really impressive. Expect a $30 bottle to cost $50 ( $70 at a restaurant), a $12 to cost $25.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buying alcohol

I'm planning on buying Rum for mixed drinks to take to the cottage. Got any secrets for buying Rum?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: buying alcohol

Kod, you're talking about starfish gourmet which has already been covered.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: buying alcohol

We bought it in the duty free shops at the Airport. Worked out great for us .

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buying alcohol

I like the Cruzan rum. They have a bunch of different flavors, made in the VI, is tasty, and not so expensive. There are a million things you can mix up with rum, but one I like to do for beach parties is limeade with raspberry rum. I use the frozen concentrate mix, put it in a gallon water jug, pour in rum, throw in the freezer until I leave for the beach.