We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car for a day

Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a car for a day

Hello all!!! We are staying at Caneel and want to rent a car for a day to explore the island- no worries about it just being one day- we have been to St. John before. What I was hoping to find out is, is it possible to rent the car from Caneel? Is it more expensive to do so? Any ideas? Thanks!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a car for a day

I think the rate is about the same. It might be a little higher. More importantly, though, at Caneel it's possible to rent for just one day, whereas you might have a very hard time getting any of the agencies in town to agree to it, especially if it's high season.

My comments are based on having rented at Caneel about six years ago. You should probably give them a call ahead of time to make sure things haven't changed (as I'm pretty sure certain things have--I don't think they use Hertz any longer as they did when I rented there). But I think you'll be able to do what you want.

Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a car for a day

Thanks!

3. Re: Rent a car for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:19