We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab versus Rental

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cab versus Rental

I'm all booked for St. John next month and can't wait. I'm trying to decide between booking a car or just using the taxis everywhere. Any suggestions? We will be there for 6 nights (teh first of which is in St. thomas). Not sure the cost of taxis, but like the freedom of a car and will need to ferry it to St. John as well. Thanks!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab versus Rental

Where are you staying on STJ? Taxis don't go everywhere. They charge person & add up quick. It you plan to rent on STT, do not rent from Hertz. They do not allow their cars on the car barge. You need to get on the phone now to reserve one! It's high season and they only have so many cars. Don't expect to get there and find one available.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab versus Rental

Thank you. We are staying at the Westin. Last minute trip so I know I'm late to the game. I'm getting on it tonight.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab versus Rental

You can rent in St John as well and its convenient in case of mechanical problems but they may be sold out by now. If your in a villa outside of Cruz bay a vehicle is a must.

4. Re: Cab versus Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:17