We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad Sutton Car Rental

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Conrad Sutton Car Rental

Yes, avoid doing business here unless you want your last conversation on the island to be a tongue lashing full of false accusations.

Mass
Level Contributor
158 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

Been there done that, never again.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

First time poster making a big statement. I guess that Southern charm doesn't work in STJ.

3. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 15:35
daisytown
Level Contributor
636 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

We have used him many times with no problem .

Nancy

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

Nope. Once and never again.

Salem
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

I booked my rental with him for our first trip in May because this board highly recommended him. What's the issue?

ny
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

Did it once last July--never again also. I do not like posting negatives but sometimes I have to agree. It was a last minute and everyone was sold out. .

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

I have read that he is gruff but other than that, I've read that he is fine. I would like to hear reasons, not simply "never again." I am sure you all have valid reasons to back up your opinions, and many of us would like to hear them.

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
102 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

Agree he can be gruff but I've rented from him 3 times and never had a problem. Give some specifics - what was the issue?

Houston
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Conrad Sutton Car Rental

There have been plenty of recent posts on the subject of jeep rentals which list pros and cons about many of the agencies on island. It really rubs me the wrong way when anyone makes their absolute first post to slam ANY business. Why not post a trip report to tell everyone all the fun things you did, the places you liked, and ones you didn't.....and why.

If you read this forum, you already know some of us wouldn't use Sutton's again, and some of us love them. We all have our reasons and respect the opinions of those that don't agree with ours because we all still love St. John and our all too limited time we get to spend there.

KT