We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Snow and Jet Blue

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Snow and Jet Blue

Am freaking out a little as we're to fly Jet Blue #807 this weekend and there may another big snow event here in Boston. Was anyone affected by this last weekend out of Boston? What happened?

Northern NH
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

That is why I am glad I am on the 11:55 pm flight on Friday night - with a layover in San Juan we will be on STT by 9 am - good luck!

MA
Level Contributor
740 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

You may get out, if you are leaving early enough, before the mess really takes hold. For your sake, I sure hope so. It is always such a "warmly" anticipated trip

that no one wants to loose a minute on island! Keep us posted.

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

We're scheduled to leave this Saturday very early around 6:30am (US Air) but we have a connection in Philly which is making me a little nervous. Hope we all make it.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

It is not supposed to start snowing in Boston until late Saturday night.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem setting up a flight alert on Jet Blue.

When American had direct flights to STT I would always set up an alert so my cell would get a call notifying me if the fligft was delayed or changed.

I see Jet Blue has this feature on the web site but it never seems to be working. Anyone elsoe having this problem?

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

I use this site for all my flight info - they will send you alerts on any changes faster than the airlines.

flightstats.com/go/…flightStatusByRoute.do

Boston...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

We were scheduled to leave from STT the Saturday night of the big storm two weeks ago. JetBlue will not send alerts, even when we arrrived at the airport knowing Logan was closed they still had the flight scheduled. That was a big complaint at the airport. If you are leaving on the 9;40 AM Saturday flight you will be okay, Sunday, maybe not. I know that if you call them they will book you on the flight for the previous day with no fees but that means finding a place to stay. Good Luck!!!!

Edited: 21 February 2013, 20:18
Wolfeboro, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

We are on the same flight and it looks like the snow is going to be a Saturday night into Sunday event.

9. Re: Boston Snow and Jet Blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:16