We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

STT car rentals

Indiana
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
STT car rentals

Checking rates to rent on STT and take to STJ in July. Called Dependable, Amalie, and Discount and got 3 widely different quotes (for a Jeep Liberty or equivalent): $460, $550 and $601, respectively. Is this normal for there to be so much variation in prices? All the companies on STJ seem to be about the same price.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: STT car rentals

I think Amalie is probably the most expensive, but they are who we rent with, exclusively. Their service and brand new vehicles are worth paying more for. And we are cheapie condo-renters!

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: STT car rentals

Dependable car rentals uses older vehicles. Great company, just older cars. On the positive side, you don't have to worry about scratching the car and you blend in fairly well.

Bryant, Arkansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: STT car rentals

We will be there in July and have reserved with Amalie. If memory serves me (we made the reservation months ago), it was in the $500 to $550 range. My husband said they were very nice and helpful. We decided to rent on STT because we have a 4:30pm flight and didn't want to have to lug our stuff around for hours or spend the entire time in the airiport.

Indiana
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: STT car rentals

Thank you for your responses. I already have the price quotes, I was just wondering why such a big difference between the 3? If it's not a quality issue, we will go with the cheapest (Dependable) because we are on a budget. $90 more would be the difference between a dinner out for the 4 of us vs sandwiches in the villa!

5. Re: STT car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 12:35
Edited: 29 April 2014, 12:35
6. Re: STT car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 05:17