We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

We had a flight change and now have to make the 8.50 am flight.We are early birds but i just want to make sure that it is possible.Courtesy says that i can do paper work friday and leave car sat am early.If we arrive by 5.30 to catch 6am ferry meet rachel at red hook for ride to airport will we have enough time.Maybe hire a porter to save time.I think we can do it but would put our minds at ease if other forum guests say that they have done that as well.Date is in may on sat. Thanks Mike

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

If you are doing carry on only, it can be done. The villa management company we used last year allowed us to use their computer to print our boarding passes the day before, so we were able to go straight to Customs (be sure to pick up a Customs form when you LAND in STT and have it filled out). Once you go through Customs, there is a different line (TSA) for people who are doing carry-on only. We breezed right through on a Saturday.

If your rental co won't let you print your boarding passes, you can do it at a couple of other places for a few dollars (Connections & a place upstairs from Starfish). Take the 6am ferry, do carry-on only & use Rachel. Otherwise, if you are checking bags, I'd spend the last night on STT.

Edited: 09 March 2013, 02:24
Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

You will be fine - done it many times

Pia

Nelson, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

Pia, we have the same 8:50 am departure time, but on a Monday in May. Are we still ok with the departure time even with checked bags?

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

8:50am is fine - you MUST be on the 6am ferry and will be at the airport around 7:00 am (ish) II have arrived as early as 6:50am and as late as 7:20am but even at 7:20 am you are still 1.5 hours before flight time and if the lines are crazy long just hire a porter and it will speed the process up.

Pia

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,624 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

Yes! This time, even if you have only hand luggage, you should hire a porter to speed you through check in and customs/immigtration. You will see the porters curbside when you get out of the taxi at STT.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

Thanks for your advice .I was pretty sure we can make it but it is comforting to hear that it is done all the time and i can rest assured.Thanks again. Mike.

7. Re: making the 8.50 am flight from coral bay have you done it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:18