We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

For anyone who checks out the boards and is also an Animal lover I'd recommend you help the Animal Care Center out on a Sunday morning and take the dogs for a morning hike! The center and the animals really need all the help they can get, so if you have a couple hours to spare one morning do not hesitate to contact them!

On a related note!

I compete in natural (no steroids) bodybuilding and also powerlifting. I have a power lifting meet this upcoming weekend that I am competing in! I've pledged .25 cents for every pound I lift to the Animal Care Center and I've also had a couple sponsors willing to match me! I expect to lift around 1100 pounds total, so it will be a nice way to motivate myself and also help out!

Find fun ways to help people/animals in need if you can!

I can't wait to be on the rock! :)

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

We took a few of the dogs for a walk in January. It was such a lovely experience. I wish more people would visit the ACC.

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

We 'borrowed' a dog and took her down to Cruz Bay for some beach time during our honeymoon. It was a great experience and she almost came home with us!

Hudson, Florida
Level Contributor
407 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

I sure wish I could take the hike with the dogs, but my schedule never allows it. :(

But on a happy note, I was blessed with my Benji (aka Bogey) who came from the ACC STJ. I adopted him last August/2012. He is such a cute, happy boy! Needless to say, he is still on "island time" <3

boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

Awesome to hear such great things :)

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

Just yesterday I went shopping for some dog bones, toys, poop bags & more for the ACC dogs to bring along in our carry-on for the dogs . We loved hiking the Lind Point Trail on Sunday with the ACC dogs & went back during the week to take 2 more out for a walk . We have our permanent reminder of our 1st STJ trip, Dawn, our ACC dog we adopted in Dec. 2012 !!!! The ACC has the best dogs, cats & staff that spoil them to pieces : ) !

boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

That's awesome rotties! Love hearing these stories :)

7. Re: Animal Care Center of St. John - Doing my part!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 06:17