We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Hi I am getting married on st john in exactly 18 days.. we will then be staying on the island for ten days. most of the time we will just beach it and chill. we are staying in coral bay for our honeymoon..which i know- it's up for debate whether first timers should stay here vs cruz bay...but i just fell in love with the remoteness our villa provides. we are in our 30s and eventhough most of our time will be spent doing a whole lot of nothing...please let me know any tips on things, on places, on activities we shouldn't miss...ANYWHERE on the island!! we are big foodies and love "off the beaten track" kinda things..there is no itinerary made for our vacation and we intend to keep it that way, so go wild with your suggestions! also if there are any secret or very secluded beaches (that you are willing to share) please let me know!

thanks so much! SO PUMPED!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,676 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

In no certain order except for number 1, my don't miss list

1. Friday night Tuna night at Aqua Bistro, make a reservation!

Rhumblines for dinner

Lazy day at Maho

Happy Hour crawl in Cruz Bay

Boat day with Capt John on Palm Tree Charters

Blackened Mahi salad at Banana Deck

Gibney beach, get there early, only 3 parking spots

Shopping at St John Spice

A new STJ charm from Bamboo

Dinner at La Tapa

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Have Barb and Cary come and give you massages!

http://www.massagestjohnvi.com/

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
336 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

I also think Gibney is worth it. If you don't mind walking a bit- maybe a quarter of a mile- you can park at Peace Hill parking lot and walk to Gibney. Just drop someone off at the entrance with the chairs etc. If you are lucky you will meet Terri Gibney - I had a nice long talk with her in Feb and you can check out her cottages for rent.

Grand Isle, VT
Level Contributor
234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Since you are in Coral Bay try Sweet Plantains for dinner and the Pink Corner for either lunch or dinner. Both restaurants specialize in West Indian food and we have never been disappointed. Pick-up either Gerald Singer's "St. John Off the Beaten Path" or Pam Gaffin's "St. John Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive." They are both great guides to getting the most out of the island. As far as secret beaches, many of us have them and hope to keep it that way at least for awhile. The more you return, the more likely you will find them.

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

++ on Aqua Bistro. The food is some of the best on the island. WARING: big portions!

Also ...recommend Rhumblines and Fatty Crab in Cruz Bay.

If you like BBQ - Reggie's in Coral Bay ( attached to Cases By The Sea and across from Island Blues).

I'm a big fan of Hansen Bay / Vie's. Great beach to spend a day or morning or afternoon ; ) and there's excellent snorkeling at the beach and closer to Coral Bay @ Haulover North.

Congrats on the nuptials - enjoy!

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
553 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Congrats, and yes, you should be pumped. We will be there the same time as you staying in Coral Bay also!

Miss Lucy's has a jazz brunch on Sundays. Don't miss it.

We really enjoyed the hike to Leinster Bay and Waterlemon Cay. Great Hike with some ruins and a nice small beach for swimming and good snorkling.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
602 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Since you're going to be on that side of the island anyway - definitely visit The Tourist Trap for lunch. For years we'd missed this stop, and when our cooler was robbed by Mongoose at Lameshur last year - we finally had an excuse to stop. Definitely a fun day! Lameshur, Salt Pond, Lunch at Tourist Trap - the lounge away the rest of the day at the villa pool.

Germantown, MD
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Drive the entire island all the way to Sloop Jones on the east end. The Privateer Bay overlook above his shop offers a nice quiet view down island. Drive to the south shore beaches of salt pond & the Lameshur's. Drive the Bordeaux Mountain Road and look at the view from Picture Point. The north shore is great but there is so much more to see. So many good hikes and things to see that are different than back home.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Congrats! We are getting married the same day on Trunk.

Favorite things for us on St. John are eating at La Tapa and Zozos, drinking at Motu and driving along the North shore to stop at any beach that looks the quietest (not hard to do).

Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ten days in St. John for my honeymoon!

Congrats! I just ordered feet, fins, and 4wd so I will let you know how it is once I read it.