We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting from Dependable on STT?

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
456 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Renting from Dependable on STT?

Decided to rent our Jeep 4wd on STT and put it on the barge to St John. Looking at Dependable to rent from and just wanted to make sure they were a recommended company?

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

We've rented from Dependable for years, and always had good service. Their fleet is getting older now - they have been telling us they are getting new jeeps soon - and some of them might have issues, so inspect them beforehand. We are renting from them again starting next Sunday, so we're hoping that the jeeps are in good shape. If you can wait a couple weeks we'll let you know

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

They've consistently had an excellent reputation.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

Good company. When our flight was delayed a few years ago they called us and left the car at the airport. We had the car for 2 weeks and completed the paperwork when we returned it. That's customer service! However, their fleet is getting old. Last year the check engine light on the dash lit up and we only had high beam headlights. That said, we did like having a jeep with "character" that fit into the local scene well and we didn't need to worry about scratching it further.

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
193 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

rented from them last April and this coming week we are again, I believe it i still family owned. We took our Jeep to STJ last April

I even got a flat and had to put the spare on, brought them back the flat in the backseat they didnt even flinch when I said I had a flat!

Had nothing but a great experience!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

we always use Dependable....great service.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

We always use dependable and will this May. I'm a little concerned with the age of the jeeps but it is nice to blend in and not work about little dings. Also like taking the soft top off and other places frown or even charge a fee when you do.

british columbia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

Rented our Jeep there 2 days ago and they were great! Picked us up from the airport and had us on the road in about a half hour. Jeep is in good condition and the ones parked in their lot looked to be as well. No complaints here. We would definitely use them again.

british columbia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

Rented our Jeep there 2 days ago and they were great! Picked us up from the airport and had us on the road in about a half hour. Jeep is in good condition and the ones parked in their lot looked to be as well. No complaints here. We would definitely use them again.

Edited: 20 April 2013, 01:59
9. Re: Renting from Dependable on STT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:18