We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st anniversary dinner

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
7 posts
Save Topic
1st anniversary dinner

I was curious on suggestions for a nice place for dinner with a good view. Not concerned about price, just want to be able to enjoy a good meal, atmosphere, and view. Any responses are much appreciated.

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
221 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

My husband and I spent our first anniversary at Zozos. The view is incredible and the food was very good. The best views are at the bar, but the downstairs dining room views are nice as well. Check sunset times and reserve 30 days in advance.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
50 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

Asolare, just outside of Cruz Bay, has an astounding view of the bay and St. Thomas. It is pricey with a limited menu, but we have never been disappointed. I think the view, food, and service are worth it for something as special as a first anniversary!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

I love Zozo's for a combo of food and view.

2 others that I really enjoy do not have a view but have amazing food.

1. La Tapa

2. Ocean Grille

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

Beantown, if you're staying in a villa with a great view and decent kitchen set-up, you may also want to consider a private chef option...admittedly, I've never tried Ted's Supper Club, but it seems to get a lot of great reviews on this forum.

tedssupperclub.com/Teds_Supper_Club/welcome.…

South Florida...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

Another vote for Zozo's! You can reserve seats at the bar 30 days out which provides a great sunset view looking towards St. Thomas. Bar seat reservations require you to enjoy dinner at the bar, too. One of our favorite dinners each year when we visit St. John.

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
221 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

I really enjoy Ocean Grille too. There isn't an ocean view but the atmosphere is very nice. I really enjoyed the food but my husband thought it was so-so.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

Mathayom (private chef), ZoZo's, The Terrace (not a great view though) Asolare would be my picks

Pia

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

Waterfront Bistro for the food and view combo. La Tapa for the best food and wine on island.

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

ZoZo's has a great sunset view, Waterfront Bistro has a directly on the beach view, Asolare has a great sunset as well, but I don't think the food is as good as the other places. For great food, but no view, I would say Rhumblines on Cruz Bay side and Aqua Bistro on Coral Bay side

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
464 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st anniversary dinner

We booked TED for May 3rd, so if you are going after that I can let you know how things turn out.

He has a fantastic reputation and our villa owner and the wife of Capt John at Palm Tree Charters tell me he does a fantastic job/clean up too! All we have to do is sit around the pool and enjoy.

That type of dinner would be very romantic and quiet if you choose to "stay" home.