We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

For those who have been to Lameshur Bay how is the road holding up. As I remember it starts as gravel, then paved, then gravel, then paved again all the way down the steep hill, and finally dirt. Have they made any improvements?

Thanks in advance.

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

Same as you remember. Worse if its been rainy.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

It's treacherous.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

U can do it with a car if u stay out of the mud, if any

San Francisco
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

With a 4WD, it's a blast! (Of course, that's not a recommendation to drive like a fool!)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

I have to agree that it was a blast in 4wd, my kids were giggling in the backseat. We're a pretty adventurous family though!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
281 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

Is this ok to do in a rental jeep? Thats at the way end of the east end isnt it? like all the way "down and around" if that makes sense...

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

No its not east end, its past salt pond. I have done it it my rental jeep fro the past 7 years without a problem. The last section has a number of potholes but if you drive slowly it has never been a problem.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
703 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

Just back from STJ yesterday. The road to Lameshur has had no improvements. You do need a 4 WD, in my opinion, otherwise you will/could cause damage to the underside of a car.

9. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 20:05
washington dc
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How is the Lameshur Bay Road?

We just got back. Went a day after big rain and road was okay. This was our first time going so nothing to compare to it to but wasn't a bad drive. My husband had fun with all of the big muddle puddles and getting our rental jeep dirty. I wouldn't do it in a car, I was worried we'd get stuck but never a problem in the jeep.