We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
546 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

Trying to decide on a 3BR villa for our family trip next February. Serenity through Vacation Vistas looks nice and is a good price. Has anyone stayed here? Palm Hill is also a possibility, as is Choco Cruz or Splendore (though we need a real third bedroom, and I'm not sure about 3rd br at Splendore). Any thoughts on these villas or something comparable? Colibri looks great, but they raised the price substantially and its outside our budget now. Thanks much.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

As I have mentioned elsewhere on this board, Palm Hill was great for our family of four. View is fantastic from the pool and far enough away from the Westin not to hear their noise.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
782 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

I *hope* Serenity (through Vacation Vistas) is nice b/c we have booked it for next February! ;) (Our other favorites were Wings Over Water, Argonauta, and Splendore, but we were too late and they were booked up already.) Lisa of Vacation Vistas has been great to deal with so far.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

thegreatlizby - If you want to rent Argonauta, you have to book a year in advance. It's our favorite villa and have stayed there 5 times. Agree that Lisa is wonderful to work with.

iowaguy - Did you look at Idyllic? Also with Vacation Vistas.

Carmel, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

Hello! My family is going to book the villa Oceana, also managed by Vacation Villas, for a week next June 2014. Do you know anything about somehow getting 'private' travel insurance? The manager requires a personal check for the deposit.

thx

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

We loved Splendore but that third room is, at best, suitable for a single teenager.

That third room is in the tower and when we were there (jan) it was very hot and didn't have AC. This was a couple of years ago so maybe AC was added to that room.

It is a great two bedroom house but I won't consider it if you need a real 3 br.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

Kiragirl - Do not worry about sending a personal check to Vacation Vistas. We have dealt with Lisa Durgin many times and have nothing put praises for her and her team. Very professional.

As for travel insurance, check out www.insuremytrip.com This site allows your to compare policies so you can buy only the coverage you need. ie: weather related trip cancellation or cancel for any reason (the latter being quite expensive). I only buy trip insurance if we are traveling during hurricane season or during winter months when we might get hit with a bunch of snow/ice here in Ohio and possibly can't fly out.

Carmel, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

super, thanks bluewater

8. Re: 3BR Villa---Maria Bluff/Great Cruz Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:16