We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa suggestion_closest to beach

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clarksdale...
12 posts
Save Topic
Villa suggestion_closest to beach

Looking for a villa in St. John closest to beach. Traveling with couples and need four or five separate bedrooms and a pool. Most of the condos I'm seeing are nestled in the hills and there seems to be a drive to the beach. We do want to rent a car and explore, go out for dinner, etc., but would like a beach at arm's length if possible. Does this exist?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
566 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

The short answer is "No." (Not on St. John, anyway). There are a few villas within walking distance of some kind of beach for various values of "walking distance," usually involving a steep hike on a hillside trail.

Villa Serenity is within "walking distance" of Francis Beach (a very desirable north-shore sandy beach). It has 4 bedrooms and AC but no pool. caribbeanvilla.com/property/villa-serenity/

Then there's Estate Zootenval, which has 4 separate guest houses sharing a private beach (very rare on St. John), but again, no pool. http://www.estatezootenvaal.com/

I think there are some larger villas overlooking Reef Bay, which is a lovely sandy beach but accessed only by a steep trail.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

If you have a big fat wallet, you can look in Peter Bay Estates. Otherwise, you are very limited on St John.

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

We are going to spend a week at Vida De Mar on STJ starting Saturday. It is on Devers Bay and has it's own beach and a pool. It's not a perfect white sandy beach, but it ain't bad ,at least according to the pictures. There are some other villas in the same general area that have access to the beaches on Devers too....The villa would seem to fit your needs. If you can wait until we get back, I'll let you know what we find.....

Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

We've never stayed here so I can't comment on the villa itself, but it's been on my list in the past: caribbeanvilla.com/property/….

There's also this one: http://www.cateredto.com/coral-cove/

It appears the beach entry is very rocky but it does get you "waterfront" property.

Good luck!

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
665 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

Villa 2B Peter Bay will fit your bill. It has 4 bedrooms max. It is available through McLaughlinAndersonvillas.com. Doesn't come cheap. I believe that Casa Corum Deo through Cateredto has just opened. large villa on the beach adjacent to the Westin. Also Donaol Schell's Beach Villa. 5 BR very unique on the beach near the Westin. Except for Peter Bay, these are not the beaches you visit when you vacation on St John.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

caribbeanvilla.com/property/ocean-palm-villa/

7. Re: Villa suggestion_closest to beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:16