We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Question

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Question

How long is the drive from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay? My husband and I rented a jeep and want to do some exploring.

Also, is the southside of the island worth going to visit? I've seen a lot of people say it's better on the northside.

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
606 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Question

From the roundabout in Cruz Bay to the intersection near Skinny Legs in Coral Bay takes about 30 minutes...it's only 8 miles but the max speed limit is 15mph or 20...lots of turns too where you need to slow way down.

And if by south side of the island, you mean the road that heads out to and past Salt Pond Bay, absolutely, it's awesome. Salt Pond is a neat beach for snorkeling and hiking (Ram Head or Drunk Bay) and if you keep going, Great and Little Lameshur are fun bays as well.

Germantown, MD
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Question

The Cruz Bay area is worth seeing. The north shore road is very pretty. The south shore all the way to Little Lameshur is a must on any trip. We also have to drive all the way to the east end to Sloop Jones and the Privateer Bay overlook above his studio. Bordeaux Mt. Road is also fun to drive now. Take the National Park Service map, beach towel ,money and drive the whole island. St John is so different from back home and such a small island that you must see it all for yourselves.

3. Re: Driving Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:16