We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donkey Diner - Closed

Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Donkey Diner - Closed

We are staying at the Villa Adeste this week, just up the hill from the Donkey Diner. After driving past it the past couple of days, my bride and I decided to stop for a pizza. We were met by a gentleman who told us it was closed permanently. That is all we know and was disappointed we did not get a chance to eat there while staying here in Coral Bay this might have been reported elsewhere, however did not see it.

New Hammpshire
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

Seriously! I am oh-so-disappointed. Wish I had the $ to buy it up and keep those stuffed french toasts coming. :((

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,872 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

Dreadful news. Had the stuffed French toast in March and thought it was better than ever.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

Actually, I believe it is up for sale. The current owners needed to return to the mainland for personal family reasons. So it will come back as soon as there are new owners to take over.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

It's for sale on Craigslist virgin.craigslist.org/bfd/3801851304.html

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

Rats!!! We were going to get pizza from them on our first night at CasaYaYa. Any other pizza options in Coral Bay?

N737AA

Birdsboro...
Level Contributor
193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

I liked to know if the building is included in that hefty price tag. Seems awfully high if it isn't.

Bedford, NH
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

no other pizza, but Reggie's BBQ does take out, and so does Pink Corner.

For Reggie's - folks say a "single" portion of ribs is enough for 2.

That was our planned "take out" night meal, but unfortunately the week we were there, it was closed for the week while the chef was on his own vacation!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

Shoot, they are always on the list for pizza night. And the best wine deals in town. I had my husband check out the Craigslist listing....hmmmmm can I live in the building too? It would be the only way we could afford to buy it. Maybe we could create a consortium of owners like a professional sports team.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

I wonder if the recipes go with the business. Very sad, but you never know what wondrous new place will emerge from it. Zubsin: love your idea!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Donkey Diner - Closed

"liked to know if the building is included in that hefty price tag. Seems awfully high if it isn't." @goldendog

That would be quite some bargain for a commercial real estate building in St John -- but a high price for a leasehold restaurant for true.