We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get a ferry to Virgin Gorda from St. John?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
6,030 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get a ferry to Virgin Gorda from St. John?

Our family is staying on both St. John and Virgin Gorda next month and need to get over to Virgin Gorda (from STJ) on a Wednesday. Problem is there doesn't appear to be a direct ferry on Wednesdays. Any thoughts on the easiest way to take a ferry over there? We are staying on the Spanish Town side of the island. Thanks for any help you can give us.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,512 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get a ferry to Virgin Gorda from St. John?

Here's a link to the USVI inter island ferry service which you may already have:

www.vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/

You'll find contact information for the ferry operators who offer ferry service to VG from Tortola here:

www.bvitourism.com/inter-island-ferries

Coordinate the two (STJ-Tortola, Tortola-VG) and that should do it. Have fun!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,512 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get a ferry to Virgin Gorda from St. John?

You might also consider Dolphin Water Taxi:

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/fares.html

California
Level Contributor
6,030 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get a ferry to Virgin Gorda from St. John?

Thanks for the help, looks like making the trip via Tortola is the only way on Wednesday. I only wish the private water taxi was a little cheaper.

4. Re: How do I get a ferry to Virgin Gorda from St. John?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:18