We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

We are heading back down to paradise at the end of oct. There are 10 of us this trip. We haven't done the charter boat to b.v.I., hit willy t for lunch ,sandy kay, soggy dollar! There are awesome reviews for Palm Tree Charter, but only take 6 person. Anyone have a great recommendation? We rent 2 homes in chocolate hole so would leave from St. John.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

Born To Rhumb can take up to 12 people. They don't break up parties, so you can be all by yourselves. Great boat, great people.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

I don't know what Dolphin might offer for a charter but it certainly would be worth checking to see what they come up with:

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

Stormy Petrel and Pirates Penny may also be available for your private charter during that time - they often do STJ pickup and are well run vessels.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

We went out with Born to Thumb a couple of years ago. We enjoyed it. The boat is roomy, fast and stable.

maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

Born to rhumb is a great boat. Lots of room, stable and fast, with a very competent captain and mate who will make sure you have a safe enjoyable day! The bvi's are a great day trip, you can get some snorkeling in at really cool spots in the morning and beach bar hop in the afternoon. We have been on BTR a half dozen times, and even with 14 aboard, (US waters only) we have always had plenty of room, and fun! We always pack our own lunch so we get more boat time and arent sitting in a restaraunt,you might try that if you have snorkelers aboard, they get more in the water time. They have all the drinks on board, and excellant pain killers! Enjoy your trip!

maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

Off topic, but what villas are you staying at? We have stayed at la Lappin II, villa villa kuala, sun dance, and sea view in that area.

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

Born to Rhumb for sure. Good operators.

8. Re: charter for party of 10 to b.v.I.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16