We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John villas over Christmas

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, VA
Level Contributor
51 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
St. John villas over Christmas

My family (3 couples) are considering spending the week between Christmas and New Year's in St. John. We will only be able to spend 5-6 nights there due to work constraints. I'm quickly finding out that the holiday rates are quite high and many villas have date restrictions we cannot meet. While we are willing to pay for a 7 night minimum for a shorter stay, we are also trying to keep the total under 3,500 which is turning out not to be very realistic. There are a few properties that I am considering - sweet wind, century hill estates (2 bedroom and an studio) and tranquil breeze. Any advice/experience with these properties would be greatly appreciated. If you have recommendations for other villas that would be great. We don't really have an area preference. The key things we are looking for are great views and 3 bedroom 2-3 baths with balcony/veranda.

California
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. John villas over Christmas

Your problem is quite common for Xmas time and you might also have trouble finding affordable airfare at this point. Good luck in your search, hopefully something will open up for you.

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. John villas over Christmas

I'm sure holiday rates are high regardless of where you stay. We have stayed 3 times at Beija Flor. I know the owners and there is definitely pride in ownership on this one. They stay at least a month every year and make sure everything is top notch. It is a 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath with a wrap around veranda (50 feet long) on the second tier overlooking Fish Bay. Also has a pool. You cannot beat this villa, believe me.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. John villas over Christmas

I think the airlines want you to buy the planes to get there at that time of year. Yikes we cannot find airfare for anything under $1000.

Good Luck on finding a condo! We found one and yes the price increases at this time of year.

Vienna, VA
Level Contributor
51 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. John villas over Christmas

Thank you every one! We are now considering sweet wind in Coral Bay.

5. Re: St. John villas over Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:16