We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Anyone with knowledge care to share an opinion or two on Magic View villa? We are two couples traveling without the kids. Plan to spend most evenings in town. Outdoor space, view & pool high on the list.

Thank you!

Roseville, MN
Level Contributor
120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

We stayed there in May 2011. It was jus the two of us. The views are great from where it is located. The villa is set up in sort of a pod style which for two couples would be nice. The master bedroom is connected to the kitchen/dining area but you have to go outside to get from one to the other but its not a big deal. The master was very comfortable and it had a nice bathroom. The other queen bedroom pod is located on the other side of what I would call the living room pod. We looked inside at the room while we were there and it looked very comfortable. Queen bed, nice bathroom and I think an outside shower. The entire villa is connected by a very expansive deck.

From what I remember Viva Villas manages the villa. We had a few very minor issues while we were there that were taken care of very quickly. The villa is a little older and it was showing its age when we visited. We mentioned a few maintenance items to Viva so that they could address them upon our departure.

It took about 8 minutes to get to town as it is up the hill but with the climb you get a nice view. There is another villa right next door but we can't comment on noise as it was vacant while we were at Magic View.

Hope that helps.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Great info. Thank you!

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
665 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

You should note that the pool is very small, just a dip pool, no floating for more than 1 person. This might be important to your group.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Thank you, this indeed was my one sticking point with this house. I don't need room for four of us, but most certainly myself & friend to float around - the men can fend for themselves on the deck ;)

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
665 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Would be do-able for 2 to float and have a close conversation if you know what I mean. You could keep turning each other around, LOL.!

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

My wife and I stayed with friends at Magic View Villa recently and found the villa to have everything we wanted. Comfortable beds, a private location, and amazing, unforgettable views of the Caribbean and surrounding islands. The dipping pool was great for cooling off or a romantic swim, and the home was in great shape. I discovered some great reviews of Magic View on St. John Villas.com and VIvacations.com which convinced me to stay there, and my the experience exceeded my expectations.

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Don't do it

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

Do not stay here unless you don't care about internet and like ants. Viva vacations will lie to you and be rude

Edited: 28 October 2013, 02:54
north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

What is your budget and when are you going? Also, when my hubby and I go (or with other couples) we always like to stay somewhere with a jacuuzi. Nice to get in when you either come in from a long day or after being out at night...pool is way to cool to get in unless its heated. We enjoyed Calypso del Sol. It's a 3 bedroom but you can rent only 2 bedrooms. All king sz beds and ensuite bath. About 1 min past Westin so convenient to town.

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
665 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thoughts on Magic View villa?

What does your post have to do with Magic View Villa. Have you stayed there?