We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A villa with a view?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A villa with a view?

I've been researching a 1st time trip to STJ and found some beautiful villas for rent. Traveling with my wife and our 2 kids (11 & 9). My question is this:

I found an awesome villa....Bismarkia....vbro listing #450022, but it doesn't have a view of the ocean or any water for that mater, but It does have a beautiful pool and spectacular interior...This villa has "got it going on", but no get up in the morning, sip your coffee to the sunrise feel nor the glass of wine watch the sunset vibe. Villa is located in the fish bay region and was wondering if that would be too far a drive if we had a few dinners in Cruz Bay?...I assume the roads aren't lit at night?

So, do we go with the great villa or choose something closer to Cruz Bay with a view?

We of course are renting a jeep for the week. Traveling spring break 2014 and was also curious about the weather in mid April?

Thank you.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A villa with a view?

The view is the number one thing that I look for.

Fish Bay is a great location in my opinion and a very quick drive into Cruz Bay. The house looks amazing but I just don't think I could rent a villa without a view. I guess you have to decide what is most important to you

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A villa with a view?

Check out The Little Easy on Coral Bay. We will be staying there in about 1 1/2 weeks. Great view!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
179 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A villa with a view?

We just stayed at Arco Iris in Fish Bay (see my review on recent "extra long trip report" post). It's our 2nd time staying in Fish Bay and we really like the area. Very quiet with little traffic but still only 10-15 min from Cruz Bay depending on the exact location.

I looked at this villa for this trip but the view when I wake up in the morning is part of why I love staying in a villa so I just couldn't do it. Happy villa shopping!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A villa with a view?

That's a really lovely place, but I'd rather spend vacation in a barn with a million dollar St. John view, than in that lovely home with no view. You really can't imagine the most perfect blue green water views until you've seen them. And once you've seen them, they are imprinted on your soul forever more.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A villa with a view?

I have to have a view of the water. Whether having coffee in the morning, afternoon cocktails or dinner on the deck, I can sit and stare out over the water for hours.

Fredericksburg,Virgi...
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A villa with a view?

Gotta have a view!!!! Keep looking!!

Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A villa with a view?

The Gifft Hill villas (Cloud 9, Palm Villa and Coconuts) all have terrific sunset views along with the twinkling lights of St. Thomas at night.

Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A villa with a view?

The Gifft Hill villas (Cloud 9, Palm Villa and Coconuts) all have terrific sunset views along with the twinkling lights of St. Thomas at night.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A villa with a view?

View! That is a gorgeous villa but relaxing with an ocean view can't be beat. Fish Bay is nice and quiet but the ride can be up to 20 minutes depending how far up the hill you are. We stayed in Balance in 2008 with 2 kids and it was very nice. Chocolate Hole and Rendezvous Bay are closer to town with great views too. VGE has a ton of lovely villas with sunset views but not as close to the water views.

We have never visited in April so can't help out with weather question.

Enjoy!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A villa with a view?

thanks everyone. I really appreciate the advice and am moving on. View it is. Will also look into those villas mentioned. Started out looking at Gallows Point, but think we could get a much bigger place for $5,000+ a week.