We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

Already took a killer sunset picture earlier tonight at Salomon Beach. Same goes for at Trunk Bay two nights earlier. Open for ideas for ideal sunset spots before go back home Tuesday afternoon. Thinking about the beach with all palm trees and boats in background right across from Grande Bay resort here in Cruz Bay an option. Open for ideas out in Coral Bay as well as I'm thinking about making a snorkeling trip out to Salt Pond Beach before go back home.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

If going to Coral Bay, go very early and get sunrise pictures. There are a couple of overlook spots on Centerline Rd that will give you great pictures if the weather cooperates. Once you get into Coral Bay, taking a right at the 'Y', park near Aqua Bistro. Walk to the water's edge for more pictures. But you will have to get out VERY early (4:30-5:00am) to get the best pictures. I don't think I'd do this on my last day. Travel day is long enough.

When you go to Salt Pond, be sure to make the short hike to Drunk Bay.

For sunset; the view from the first overlook (before Asolore restaurant) is a good spot. Also walk out on the National Park Dock if they still allow it. Wonderful shots across the water to St Thomas with the sun going down.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

I've always liked taking sunset pics from Frank's Bay.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

A few of my other favorites are from the Lindt point overlook, the beach by the ferry dock with the dinghy dock in the pic, and we took some really cool ones from Little Lameshur last time we were there.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

I got some great sunset pictures last year from the terrace at the Caneel Bay resort, which is right above the bar area. You also might be able to get some good pictures in the Chocolate Hole area -- we saw a couple of nice sunsets from the Wings over Water villa on Bovocap point near Chocolate Hole.

5. Re: Destinations for great sunset pictures are... ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:18