We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

I just returned from St. John this past weekend. Several times while walking around Cruz Bay I encountered a very emaciated, thin black woman selling flowers on the street. She was very nice and cordial, and it was obvious that she was selling the flowers to raise money for food. I felt very sorry for her and gave her some money. Even my daughter made the comment "dad I feel very sorry for that lady, she makes me want to cry." Although I never met Lindy, I've read many of the posts on the Internet about him, and this lady in particular made me think of him.

I also ran into the lady around Woody's bar, and I noticed that she came in trying to send her flowers late one night. I was just wondering if anyone knew the lady, and I wondered what her story was. I regret that I didn't take time to talk with her more. I was curious if anyone on this board may be acquainted with her. I really would like to know more about her.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,037 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

That is Luna. I am not sure I would put her on the same category as Lindy, she can be not so nice at times

Chester, Maryland
Level Contributor
456 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

I've seen her many times and occasionally buy a flower or give her money and have talked to her a little but not enough to know anything about her. On our last trip she was walking thru High Tide and the waiter told me she was one of the wealthiest people on the island. Im not even sure he was serious but I seriously doubt it is true. Would make a good story however.

3. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 14:05
Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

Definitely Luna. She has always been kind when I have had conversations with her, but I have seen her be not so nice to others.

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

Saw her in October, she was very, very hostile towards us and the waiter at the beach bar.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

I've seen and talked to Luna since 1997. She's mentally ill, has no money problems, and her family watches out for her. Some years she's better than others. Harmless woman, but not always nice. I've come to decide its all about if she's on her meds or not...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

I wonder if this is the same woman we gave a ride to in February?

A nicely dressed older woman approached my husband in the parking lot at the Starfish and asked for a ride. This was late on a Sunday morning and she looked like she was dressed for church. She had a couple of bags of groceries and being that he has a soft spot for elderly/people, he agreed.

We got just a little ways down the road and she started in on about "bad people" and other rantings. It got really weird, very quickly so we pulled over and he told her "this is as far as we are going" and opened the door for her. She didn't really want to get out but he didn't deviate from "this is as far as we are going" and she did exit the vehicle peacefully.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

Yes that is Kuna (Lindy oassed away) and jwwj your waiter was correct

Pia

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

Luna (hate auto correct and why it changed it to Kuna I have no idea)

Pia

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
462 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Street Person in Cruz Bay. A Female Lindy?

Yup..Luna!