We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Charles Town, West...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Weather in October

Hello realizing late October is still hurricane season how is the weather typically will be first time to St. John or could possibly go mid april any thoughts would be great,

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

As long as there is not a tropical disturbance, the weather is great. It can be quite hot still with not a lot of breezes, but the ocean temps are warm and you can stay in the water all day without getting cold. But I will say that most of our big rains (10 days) in the past many years have come sometime in April or May then again in October or November. The last year or two we have escaped the huge rains that I remember from the last 14 years or so. Even if there is a tropical storm or hurricane, then tend to pass quickly and we generally have a lot of warning. Trip insurance is advised year round, but especially during hurricane season. I personally love fall time here because the waters are warm and calm and the island just slows down a lot which I like. Enjoy!

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
22 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

I went last October and it was sunny, breezy and 85 degrees all day. The water was bath warm and gorgeous skies. when it did rain, it rained for like 15 min at a time once a day. The weather was absolutely perfect.

the pace on the island was awesome too. We were at Gallows Pointe for 3 days and didn't see another guest. It felt like we were the only people on the island. Cinnamon Bay became our favorite and went 3x. Not including us, we saw maybe 4 other people on the beach. I think October is the best time to go. Of course that's just based on my one visit. Going back this coming June.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 21:21
NJ
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

Had the same conditions of Stuey75. the issue is if a tropical storm comes along, then the water may be too rough for snorkling for a couple of days however the actual storms blow thru pretty quick. october will be cheaper and less crowded than april. have traveled to the caribbean late october 5 times and did get caught with a tropical storm on barbados a few years ago. beaches stayed great but no electric for 3 days kinda sucked! ( i now bring a flashlight to the caribbeah!- phone ran out of juice )

Boston
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

We loved October!! We were there 10 days Mid October last year and loved the weather it was the best I have ever had. I always went in March or April before (once in July). We are going again this year the same time. We bought trip insurance last year and did again this year just to be safe. My birthday is in October and I can't think of a better way to spend it than to be on St. John.

5. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:17