We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Agencies

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Agencies

Hi, were coming for a week over Christmas and need advise on best car rental agencies on the island.

Thank you!!!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Agencies

We are going to STJ over New Years and have the same issue, so I think you are going to have alot of debate here. As far as price goes they are all pretty much the same. I just did a search and read most of all the reviews. Seems that what some people like others dislike.

I wanted a Jeep and our first choice could not get one so I went with Sunshines Jeep rental. What sold me on them is that there is free parking in their lot in Cruz Bay - if space is available. Parking can be tough at times.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Agencies

I have never heard of Sunshines rental.

We only use St.John Car rental

USA,NJ
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Agencies

Hi,

I think Sunshine is new and associated with Viva Villas vacations.

Kentwood, Michigan...
Level Contributor
318 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Agencies

I'm a Conrad Sutton fan. Their vehicles are in good shape and they've never been picky about sand in the car or minor scratches from brush. I've heard people say he's cranky, but I've always really enjoyed him and we always have a laugh about something.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car Agencies

My jeep from Conrad had a bald tire and doors that would not lock.

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
411 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car Agencies

if you search car rentals on this forum you will find that there are a few rental companies that have quite a few poor reviews while a few others have only good ones. We have used St John Car Rental for years and have always had a good experience.

Syracuse, New York
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car Agencies

When we rent on St John it is always Courtesy or Paris Car Rental and we have always been pleased. When we get our car on St Thomas it is from Dependable. Linda, the manager, is great.

Edited: 06 August 2013, 14:20
Parkton Md
Level Contributor
121 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Car Agencies

The two best company reviews that I have seen are St John Car Rental and Courtsey Car Rental, we use Courtesy on every trip and have no complaints, they are always nice, the jeeps are in descent shape, and no issues with the vehicle turn in. They also allow you to park in their lot.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
446 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Car Agencies

Saint John Car Rental. Cynthia is great!

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Car Agencies

Courtesy 5 years now due to good jeeps, service, and after hours pickup if late.