We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Shore Roads

Sanibel Island...
2 posts
Save Topic
South Shore Roads

After some research we've decided to focus our villa search on the area from Hart Bay to Fish Bay. We're a bit nervous about navigating the roads. Do the roads become more treacherous as you travel further east along the south shore?

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
433 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Shore Roads

Well they are fine as far as Hart Bay-or the Gifft Hill tunrnoo. Some of our group drove past the Gift Hill turnoff into the Fish Bay area and said that the roads were a lot narrower- a couple of them were nervous about the narrow road and the hills along the side although although the others said no big deal if you are a cautious driver. I didn't drive up there so I can't speak from personal experience.

2. Re: South Shore Roads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 14:05
Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: South Shore Roads

If it makes you feel any better, I know I am "home" when I head up/down Jacob's Ladder for the first time when returning to the island. For a newbie, it may be daunting the first time, but you will learn to love it.

Norristown...
Level Contributor
359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Shore Roads

You have nothing to worry about at all. Heck, I don't even consider myself to be on South shore road until I'm up and over Jacob's Ladder - which in and of itself is one of the most fun aspects of the drive. Fish Bay Road past Gifft hill is an easy, smooth drive with fantastic views, and we think of Fish Bay as the new Coral Bay - it has the same relaxed vibe, and it might be even more laid back - far enough away from the hub-bub of Cruz, but without having to traipse across the entire length of the island when you want to head in for dinner. And if you're making the commitment, you owe it to yourself to ride that road all the way to the end - you'll see simply incredible views of the South shore from Reef Bay all the way to Ram Head. Have fun!!

5. Re: South Shore Roads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:20