We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

procedure for cape air

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
569 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
procedure for cape air

hi. when arriving at st. thomas airport, what is the procedure for cape air to puerto rico as far as ticketing, etc. also how do we get our tickets for our united trip from pr back to states? sorry all phone numbers over on st. Thomas are busy.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: procedure for cape air

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you staying on St Thomas or PR? Or a few days on each? If you are spending time on each island, you can book your flight as a multi-stop trip. Fly into STT, take a puddle jumper (such as Cape Air) to PR, then fly home. I don't know which (or if) United shares with one of the small airlines. I know when we fly Delta and have to fly through San Juan (which we try to avoid), it's all booked with Delta, even though the short flight is on Cape Air. You can print off your boarding passes 24 hours before or if you are checking bags, they will give you each of your boarding passes when you check in, including the one for Cape Air (or whoever).

If you are booking Cape Air on your own, you will need to do it well in advance. Their planes are small (9 passenger), and have always been full when we have had to fly with them.

Hope that answers your question.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: procedure for cape air

Maybe she means checking in for her flight and getting boarding passes? Is there a Cape Air gate at STT airport? I think there is...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: procedure for cape air

yes, thank u! need help how to check in

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: procedure for cape air

The number I use to call Cape Air is: 1-800-352-0714

They show other numbers here: https://www.capeair.com/contact/contact.html

Rocky Dock

Water Island

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: procedure for cape air

Thank u. I just called. There is a counter at airport in st. Thomas. They will check us in and ticket for both flights. Thanks for your help!!!!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: procedure for cape air

Travelingmom - be sure to call and verify your reservation with Cape Air at least one day before your return flight. We were a party of 7 and even though I had reconfirmed early in the week our return flight from STT to SJU, they gave our plane to someone else. Fortunately, we were at the STT airport 3 hours before our scheduled departure. I kept my cool (thanks to Prozac), but wouldn't take "no" for an answer. They finally sent another plane from another airline to get us. We had to RUN through the SJU airport, but we were able to get on our connecting flight home as they were closing the door. Thankfully we only had carry-on bags or we would never have made it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: procedure for cape air

Blue water - did you charter the plane? I am looking to charter a plane between sju and STT.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: procedure for cape air

cleo - No, we didn't charter the flight. It was all booked through Delta. What p*ssed me off was that I had confirmed our flight back to SJU with Cape AIr when we landed in STT. 7 of us on a 9 passenger plane. I called again mid-stay (we were there for 10 days).... didn't want any surprises. I like all my ducks in a row when I travel. SURPRIZE!!!! "We don't have any record that you confirmed your return flight." BULL! We were at the airport 3 hours before our flight. There was no one at the Cape Air counter for another hour. I'm thinking "no woories", still plenty of time. 7 of us on a 9 passenger plane, they'll be there, "island time". Yes, they eventually got there, and they did eventually get another plane (not Cape Air plane) over from SJU to get us, but I we've avoided flying through SJU or Cape Air since.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: procedure for cape air

Holy cow! did you miss your flight home from SJU?

10. Re: procedure for cape air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 05:18