We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for N.P.S. dock

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for N.P.S. dock

We are looking at booking some charters. They all pick up at N.P.S. dock. Is there parking available there? Is there a pay lot nearby? If so what are the rates? Thanks

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for N.P.S. dock

There is a VERY small lot there that fills up early, we usually try there first, trying to get to town before 7:30 and grabbing breakfast. If we can not find a space there, depending on the time our charter is leaving, I will just park at Slim Mans. I can not remember what he charges for the day, I want to say $10, but it is more than worth it. You can park for free down past the tennis courts but that it a bit of a walk after a long day on a boat.

DO NOT park at Mongoose Junction, you will be towed or booted.

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for N.P.S. dock

Slim Man is $20 for all day parking (includes the evening too) or $10 or partial day.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for N.P.S. dock

We usually get there later than Tink and park along the access road to the NPS Visitors Center. There's a strip under the coconut palms on the right side. I'm careful of parking under hanging coconuts!

The other option that I've taken later in the day is to drop folks off at the NPS dock and drive over to the big parking lot near the car barge.

Cheers, RickG

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for N.P.S. dock

We parked in the new lot by the car barge every night...very short walk. When we had our charter, we were dropped off (by the men) and they parked there again and walked back.

5. Re: Parking for N.P.S. dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17