We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bayonne, NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

We are planning on going out to dinner 4 of the nights we are on our honeymoon. I was considering heading to Asolare and ZoZo's, but I'm not sure where else. Stone Harbor? Chateau Bordeaux? The Lime Inn? What do you all think?

Boston
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

Zozos and Stone Terrace are great choices. The last time I went to Asolare, I was quite disappointed. I would also recommend Tage and The Equater.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

I second the vote for Zozo's. We had our post-wedding dinner there and it was fabulous. I liked Asolare, but I can see that it's not for everyone. When I first walked in, I got a snooty vibe from the place, but our server was really great. I liked Cafe Roma too. It's not necessarily romantic, but it has great food that is reasonably priced. People rave about La Tapa as well, but I didn't care for it. Congrats and have fun on your honeymoon!!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

Depending on what you're looking for, I would recommend reserving seats at the bar at Zozo's, ahead of time. You can be as social or as quiet as you like, but the view and service from there are much better than downstairs in the restaurant. Plus, maybe someone will buy you guys a glass of champagne!

Never been, but there's a lot of support right now for La Tapa - including many locals. I've been told if you like sangria, they make a really good glass, but you hav eto ask for it - it's not on the menu!

If you are over in Coral Bay, I'd recommend Shipwreck Landing. We had excellent fish there one night, and the atmsophere is pretty cool.

And, if you want a casual night out, don't miss Skinny Legs! You can't overestimate the value of a relaxed night with great burgers and beer!

MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

Our favorites were Stone Terrace, Lime Inn and the Equator over at Caneel Bay

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

...stone terrace and ten tables for sure.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
281 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

We had fantastic service at ZoZo's in the restaurant overlooking the water. If you want a more romantic, quiet meal, I would suggest the restaurant. Make a reservation at sunset for a memorable experience! This was our best meal on our whole vacation and proabably EVER!

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

The Equator at Caneel is so romantic.Go early enough to check out the grounds and have a drink at the beachfront bar for an amazing sunset!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

I would definitely choose Tage. We ate at many of the better restaurants on our last trip to St. John and Tage was by far the best. It is right in the center of Cruz Bay.

st. john, virgin...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

I would ask around about Tage first. They have had their ups and downs this year, and Ted, the chef, was not cooking last time I checked. It used to be wonderful food and a marginal location, so if the food is just ok, I'd prefer ZOZO's, Equator, La Tapa, etc.

-a local.

st. john, virgin...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which restaurants for our honeymoon?

I would ask around about Tage first. They have had their ups and downs this year, and Ted, the chef, was not cooking last time I checked. It used to be wonderful food and a marginal location, so if the food is just ok, I'd prefer ZOZO's, Equator, La Tapa, etc.

-a local.