We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transitioning from Maho

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
66 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Transitioning from Maho

We are long time Maho Bay visitors and would like to come back to St. John with family. We know St. John pretty well but have not looked much at villa or cottage rentals. We are looking for something with a few bedrooms but the hitch is we would like to be able to walk to a beach. This seems a little tricky. Any suggestions would be great. We are not interested in Cinnamon Bay.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transitioning from Maho

Sunnyledge is next door to the former Maho campground. It has three bedrooms and is walkable to Francis Bay. It's a beautiful place, actually.

Maryland
Level Contributor
66 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transitioning from Maho

Thanks for that info. Do you have a link to the property? It's funny you responded. I'm from Lake Winnipesawkee.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transitioning from Maho

Interesting. St. John seems to appeal to New Hampshireites (and everyone else).

www.stjohnusvivillas.com/sunnyledge.htm

Boston
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transitioning from Maho

And now a word from nearby Massachusetts LOL. Did you consider maybe renting one of the studios at Concordia, the sister camp to Maho? You can walk to Salt Pond Bay from there and they also have a small pool. I have no idea how many units have enough space to fit whoever you are bringing but its one option to consider maybe? We saw them in the building stage on our last trip there and they looked pretty decent. I personally would not recommend the ecotents for families as the units we used each time had "lofts" with mattresses that looked pretty stinkin' hot and you could NOT count on the winds on a regular basis to cool you down. But next trip we plan to take a look at the new studios.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transitioning from Maho

Kallaloo and Terrahawk are walkable to Gibney Beach.

East End
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transitioning from Maho

EASTEND STJ.many beaches to which you can walk.

Quiet.

Roads less traveled.

+/- 26 rentals on VRBO

Vie has a baresite campground.

fried conch fritters, 2 sand beaches.

Hidden Reef ecotours operates kayaks from Haulover

Sloop Jones has art and art workshops.

Maho potters have moved to coral bay

and have wheels for throwing pots.

Sloop

Dagsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transitioning from Maho

EAST END and Vie's is great but also consider SALT POND/ Lameshur area too ! I am Russ Melrath (Lameshur Cottages) and we share Salt Pond beach and love its sandy half moon just a 4 min. walk down from Rt. 107 . ANYBODY hear when Monday "open mike" celebrations re-start at CAFE CONCORDIA ?

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transitioning from Maho

Open MIke should be starting end of October From what my sources tell me

Northeast
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transitioning from Maho

If I ever wanted to camp again, I'd do so at Miss Vie's

10. Re: Transitioning from Maho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:22