We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jost???

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jost???

We're looking forward to our next STJ trip. Wondering about a day trip to Jost. We're not at all into the bar scene so that aspect is not appealing. Not much on just sitting on the beach either - unless it is after a good snorkel or for a picnic lunch. Wondering about hiking and snorkeling on that island?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,480 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jost???

I would post this on the BVI/Jost forum for better responses - in fact on that forum you'll probably find what you need in the general information provided by TA without even posting.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jost???

Thnx.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jost???

I've snorkeled the west side of White Bay. It was nice, but I wouldn't go specifically to do that. I know that there are taxis at Great Bay, but don't know enough about other beaches/snorkels to recommend one way or the other. Good luck

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jost???

We found the snorkling ops to be limited due to rougher water (so we didn't do it) but we love JVD anyway, There is a decent hike on White Bay from Foxy's Taboo over to the Bubbling Cay (I think that's what its called) and that was well worth the trip over (trip #4 there) and the taxi fare from the Ferry location. Lunch at FT was great and its NOT a bar scene, at least not during the day

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jost???

Several of the charters from St.J and STT provide lunch and snorkel stops on the way over if thats what you are more interested in.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,480 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jost???

OKStriple, the OP has already come and gone ...

7. Re: Jost???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:21