We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Maine
Level Contributor
74 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Is it possible to walk to Cruz Bay, the Beach Bar for example, from Seashore Allure?

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
316 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Easily. 5 minutes.

ny
Level Contributor
313 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

"Anything is walking distance if you have the time" -- Stephen Wright

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

To get to the Beach Bar at night you have to walk up a moderate hill and you will be near the circle area, then you go left toward the dock towards Gallows and the Beach Bar will be on your right before going up a hill. I think this would take about 15 minutes, more if you are a slow walker. During the day you can cut though a path to Coconut Coast Studios then up an extremely step hill past Gallows and then down a short way to the Beach Bar. This might be a little shorter.

California
Level Contributor
6,655 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

We stayed at Seashore Allure when they opened a couple of years ago. Great place to stay! If you don't like the idea of walking home at night just take a 2 minute taxi ride. Very easy.

Maine
Level Contributor
74 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Thanks to all for the responses. Sometimes it's hard to tell how close or far things really are from the map. Much appreciated.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Yes, my wife and I always walked. It was about 10 minutes and we needed the exercise, especially after dinner. We never used our car when only going into Cruz Bay. The units in Seashore are just Awesome!!! We were at Seashore in Feb 2013 and returning again Feb 2014.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Yes, during the day you can go by streets and a footpath that goes by a pond. That will take about seven minutes. At night you can go by streets only and it takes about 10 minutes. We walked into town for dinner several times. And we also walked into town to take excursions out of Cruz Bay.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

Travelcouple33936 - I've looked at Seashore Allure several times and the units really look fantastic. In the past we've always choosen another rental unit, mainly because they seem a little pricey. Have you had any luck trying to negotiate? Just thought I would ask.

California
Level Contributor
6,655 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

I would just call there local number and explain your budget situation, you never know what might happen. If they have space open during your dates you might just get a great deal. The property is locally owned so at least your not dealing with a corporation or someone living on the mainland. I would stay there again in a second!

10. Re: Walk from Seashore Allure to Cruz Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:15