We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

We are going to staying on the Cinnamon Bay Tent/Cottage for 5 nights and they only have cold shower. Does anyone know if we can find hot shower somewhere? We are only planing to bring carry on, the instant hot shower system will probably won't fit it in.

Is the water on the campground very cold? I prefer to take hot shower even in summer.

Level Contributor
6,890 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

I would be very surprised if you could find a hot shower at any public beach. Luke warm water is pretty much all your going to find. Water is highly valued on STJ because of the lack of storage/source so be prepared.

Level Contributor
3,988 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

Trust me, you won't care about the temperature of the water so much, you may actually be grateful for it. The water is not ice cold. But, to be honest, I don't find the showers there convenient because you have to hold the handle down with one hand to get the water to flow. Its all for a good cause to conserve water but when I've been there as a day visitor and used the showers after a swim, I have found it a bit annoying. But I haven't been in about 2 years so maybe they are different now?

Level Contributor
820 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

We used to stay at Maho all the night - Actually, the showers were quite refreshing - It wasn't shocking cold like I thought it might be - I don't think you need to worry :)

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
753 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

My recollection of Cinnamon Bay showers... you have incentive to make it fast. That's how cold they were.

Northern NH
Level Contributor
322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

Someone suggested bringing a shower bag and filling it early in the day then using the sun warmed water to shower in.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

That's why I prefer VIERS to Cinnamon. They have solar heated showers and if there aren't many guests, there's plenty of hot water. It's more remote, though.

New Hammpshire
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

When we stayed at Maho, we always brought a solar shower bag with us. You fill it with camp water and hang it in the sun all day. Believe it or not, the temp is almost too hot when you get back from the beach.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

The solar shower bags are excellent -- they will get really hot if you lay them out in the sun for just afew hours - they lay flat in your luggage - and you could probably sell them at the Campground before you leave.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

I am with my dancing friends from Vermont. You're not going to have much of an experience but to get in and out. The shower bags sound like an excellent idea, laying flat in the carry on, as long as lugging 40 pounds over to the showers is not a problem. I don't think I have ever seen one at Cinnamon Bay before. If you are desperate for a warm shower you could probably pay a fee to be a day visitor at the Westin, or take a timeshare tour, and use the ones in the workout center. When we get back from our days at the beaches my son and I have taken to using those and letting my wife have the bathroom in our room or villa.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 14:52
10. Re: Cold shower on Cinnamon Bay Campground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 05:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor