We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

Vermont
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

Friends booked a 2-bed 2-bath Cruz Bay condo last March - paid in full - and found out yesterday the owner double-booked to two other couples (1 week each) and has told our friends they have to find a new place to stay. He doesn't want to inconvenience the other two couples. The only places they can find online would require moving every 5 days. They travel for business so want one place to stay for all two weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

K P
Illinois
Level Contributor
678 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

I would check with Grande Bay.

covington ga
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

jan,

what a bummer. privatehomes villa viewtiful on mamey peak is available for those dates. stayed there in july with mike/mack and really enjoyed. location great for quick trips to eastern north shore beaches and dropping into coral bay. nice sunrises and views all way to virgin gorda. as nice, clean, supplied and well equipped as sd but much larger. unlike sd, only place in walking distance is columbo's smoothie stand where they could get free rum with their smoothie. also note summerwind is open those dates. on Bordeaux with great views etc. really a nice place but seems to be an overkill for just 2 folks.

good luck to your friends.

papabou

Vermont
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

Thank you both for the suggestions. They'd like to stay in Cruz Bay near us but guess they'll have to take whatever's available. "Bummer" is right!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

Try villafish.com. We used them last year and I was very pleased with the suggestions they gave us and their objective advice and guidance when we went from needing a big house to a small one. They live on STJ.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 23:22
Virginia
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

Enter a date search on VRBO and then narrow by neighborhood.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…

NY metro
Level Contributor
566 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

www.cateredto.com/pura-vida/#.UrZV92FcCZw

Edited: 22 December 2013, 03:02
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
796 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

I just booked this morning with cruz bay condos and I think they had a few more open for most of those days :)

Syracuse
Level Contributor
488 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

I'm glad it worked out!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

That's a disgrace, did your friends have a lease? If so ,they may have recourse. What property/owner did this? They are obviously untrustworthy and should be charged interest on the money they floated for so long AND any additional cost to your friends imho!

Edited: 22 December 2013, 18:23
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
394 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa double booked - need place for two 1/25-2/8!

I too am wondering if double booking is a common occurance since no one seemed to comment on it. Can't believe someone can take your money and then book someone else? Sounds very odd to me.