We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon beach cruise ship

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon beach cruise ship

We're on st. J now and there's what appears to be a cruise ship parked in front of honeymoon beach. Is this a new thing? Never seen one so close to St. John. Does anyone know if they come every day?

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
219 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon beach cruise ship

No, they do not come every day. They tend to visit during high season, but it's not a daily occurrence. The one you are seeing is called the Azamara Quest and it holds less than 700 people. They typically stay for a day or so and dinghy the passengers to shore. The huge ships stay over in St. Thomas.

NY metro
Level Contributor
565 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon beach cruise ship

There goes the neighborhood. :-(

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon beach cruise ship

Caneel has 7 beaches, and I don't think the cruise shippers have free run. Just enjoy the quick change in neighborhood, the people watching can be great! Most of them go to town to shop and eat anyway.

So far, that ship has visited only once a week. Mondays. I know of no other "regulars".

Edited: 30 December 2013, 13:31
NY metro
Level Contributor
565 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon beach cruise ship

I was speaking to the general increase in busy-ness that a crusie ship(s) brings. Perhaps not a mega-ship, but still one of a size common when the industry was getting underway Another harbinger to be sure. Although I'm sure most on island will welcome the $$$s that such brings.

I am rarely on Honeymoon, mostly because in-season cruise ship hikes and various shore excursions have taken it out of the equation. Other than an occasional Caneel Bay cruise ship "gawkers" tour, I am not usually bothered.

5. Re: Honeymoon beach cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:18