We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Ciellodonna

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Topic
Villa Ciellodonna

We're considering a late June stay at this villa but I can not find any reviews newer than from 2006.... Looks nice enough on the different websites but I'm really hesitant to book it without some feed back. Can anyone help? Please

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

It's me again. Does this place really even exist....Getting strange feel about this place. .Perhaps it's best to stay away

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

I would love to hear others' thoughts about this villa. It was on my short list last year but ended up going with Sea Forever villa instead.

Granville...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

I have been looking too, haven't had any luck either.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

My feeling is that if you don't see anything, it's sometimes not good. We stayed at a house that we heard nothing about, we went and were disappointed. Sometimes the owners don't have the money or care to keep things updated, or they are just older folks who barely come and don't do anything to improve their property.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

Would also be extra careful of any property that only takes payment by check or wire transfer. Your recourses are much more limited if something is not right.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

I would disagree about check and wire. Many villa's don't have credit cards processing abilities and still have excellent reputations. St. John is such a small island. If you can't speak with an owner or don't have correspondence with back and forth via email, then there is a problem.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

The reason for my payment recommendation is that the original poster is receiving no reviews or outside information on this property and, therefore, is being properly cautious. Last year there was a well known St. John property listed on one of the services but was being illegally listed by a scammer asking for wire transfer/check. Pictures were beautiful and the property actually existed but it was a total scam and was delisted after someone informed the service that they were suspicious of the listing.

To each his own but I have personally had two misrepresentations on properties where if I had paid by check or wire, I would have been sorry. If you read the recommendations from VRBO & Home Away you'll also see a list of caveats about payment forms and a list of reasons why ?

If you know the owner and are absolutely sure of the property then I would agree a check would be OK.

Maine
Level Contributor
829 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

We're renting this villa through Caribbean Villas & Resorts (http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/) in February. If you go to their website and select the alphabetical listings on the left, you can learn more about each property, including Ciellodonna. Will be happy to let you know afterwards what we think. I have friends/family who have rented through Caribbean Villas before and we're confident using them.

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

Well.... We decided to not go with Ciellodonna and rented another one instead. We were after some pretty specific things and really wanted to have t.v.'s n all of the bedrooms as one of our party spends a lot of time in his bedroom watching sports... Anyway we did find a spot with full A/c, t.v.'s galore and very near a beach. We even got one of the agents on STJ to go to one of our choices to actullay cheack things out for us. To Maine-ah, I was able to find descriptions on Ciellodonna on several different sites, but that isn't the same as actually seeing reviews for me. Let me explain one very good example of why. First off our group consists of my wife & I, my oldest son,his wife ,twin girls aged 5 and son aged 7, his in-laws and also my 20 yr. old son and at least 1 ,perhaps 2 of his buddies. So we needed a fair amount of room ,some fairly specific sleeping arrangements , larger pool etc. We must have checked out every 4 bedroom villa on the island at least twice. We made so many calls to the agents that they began to recognize our voices and so on. Anyway we almost settled on one particular place that seemed just right until we checked out the reviews here on TA...The place had cuurent and pretty bad reviews. We almost mad a huge blunder and would have ended up not very happy with our trip. I've come to trust the feedback that I get here on TA and without them I for one would be pretty careful about spending my money at a restaurant ,villa, charter boat or whatever without it...If anyone needs to know specifics concerning any of the villas I wrote about ,send me a p.m.

Maine
Level Contributor
829 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Ciellodonna

We just had an outstanding 8-night stay at Ciellodonna. 4 couples, 45-60 yr olds. There were 4 totally separate bedroom suites at opposite ends of villa, 2 up & 2 down. The description which includes "3400 sq ft of decks" is no exaggeration. Access to water in Chocolate Hole in front of villa was a little more challenging than I had hoped, but for the quality and spaciousness of the villa, the views and location, we will absolutely rent again. Dealing with a management company is the way to go. We had an issue with water mid-week and maintenance personnel were on-site with 30 minutes of my call.