We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but the lady who answered the phone told me to fax or email the reservation sheet. It mentions enclosing a $100 deposit. How do you pay this?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

I put it on my credit card.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

I put it on a CC as well, on their website there is a CC authorization form that you can fill out

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

Ah ha.... thanks! I thought that was only for Insurance coverage by the link. Turns out it was a stupid question, and it's not even Monday. Sheesh!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

Alright... I'm getting frustrated. I have emailed the docs, and I called to verify receipt. They did not get them, but I did not get a return to sender message. So, I decided to fax. I have spent 30 minutes trying to get a fax to go through. Did anyone else experience this issue?

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

I had the same problem with the fax. I ended up scanning and emailing. This was in Nov and I still don't have a confirmation for our May rental. I've called 3 times and they told me it's too soon for May. They have it but not booking that far out. I am a bit frustrated!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

NYBeachlover - If they said they have your reservation request info, I wouldn't worry about it. Things don't work as efficiently in the islands as we're used to here in the states. Take a deep breathe. Think sunshine & warm water instead of the cold white stuff we have outside. Two months before your arrival date call them again. (Call, don't e-mail. Start by saying 'good morning') Say you are just calling to make sure they have your vehicle reserved for your dates. This gives you time to find another vehicle someplace else if they have lost your reservation and don't have anything available. Call again 2 weeks before your trip to double check everything. Only once in 20+ years have we had to scramble to find a jeep (or anything available) a week before our trip. I always reverify the villa, jeep and airline arrival time into STT so I can tell the greeter which ferry we will be on. When it comes to vacation, I have to make sure all the ducks are in a row!

Roseville, MN
Level Contributor
120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

I priority mail our forms to them. I tried to fax them this year and could not get it to go through. I called a day after they arrived per USPS tracking and confirmed with them that our paperwork arrived and we were all set. I always begin the conversation with "good morning" or "good afternoon" when talking to anyone on the phone and it really seems to help. Also, call during the week as the weekends, especially Saturdays, can be very busy during high season.

As bluewater43 said, confirm a few weeks out. We are going in May as well so I am not super worried about not getting our vehicle.

Edited: 24 January 2014, 03:39
Clifton Park, NY
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

I faxed, then emailed, then called and finally talked to someone who said yes, they received my email and my reservation was confirmed. They did not ask for deposit. This is for an end of April reservation. I then emailed them back to request confirmation in writing, and they wrote back and said yes I was confirmed.

9. Re: St John Car Rental - how to pay deposit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18