We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Flight Transfer

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Early Flight Transfer

I know this will be pushing it but will we be able to make the 8:35 AM American Airlines flight out of STT if coming from St. John if we take the 6 AM ferry to Red Hook and then prearrange a ride to the airport from the ferry dock? This will be on a Saturday and we will not be checking luggage. I know we won't make it if something out of the ordinary happens but will we be okay otherwise?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Flight Transfer

that's pretty tight especially if the ferry does not depart at 6 on the dot. You have to allow time for them to dock and unload the bags even wheeled carryons are tagged and handled by the ferry attendants only your pocketbook or backpack stay with you on the ferry. figure that you will be getting a taxi at 6:45 just to be on the safe side add another 30 to 45 minutes to get to airport really not enough time as flight will probably start to board at 8?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Flight Transfer

I'd spend the night before at the Best Western Emerald Beach located two minutes from airport with great beachfront bar /restaurant and nice pool also located right at the bar/beach.

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Flight Transfer

As above but generally it has taken us even with bags an hour to get to the airport from when we leave on the ferry from St John to the time we get to the airport. Of course this means no real delays on the ferry and no traffic tie ups in St Thomas. If the airport is really crowded I give a $20 to a porter who takes me through the lines quickly. I think you have a good chance of making the flight, but if it were me I would follow NJ Surfsup advice and not have to worry.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Flight Transfer

You might not make it. I would skip the hassle and either reschedule the flight or stay on STT the night before.

Cheers, RickG

5. Re: Early Flight Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18