We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Blu Car Rental

Highlands Ranch...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Aqua Blu Car Rental

Has anyone heard of Aqua Blu car rental and let us know how they are to work with.

75 replies to this topic
St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

I am also thinking about using Aqua Blu Car Rental and have not seen any reviews. Has any one used this rental company? They were referred by St. John Properties. I did notice they charge extra for a second driver. Do most car rental companies charge for second driver on St. John?

Highlands Ranch...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

They've been referred to us by St. John Properties also. When are you traveling and what Villa are you staying at? We are going there the last week in April. If your leaving later I'll let you know how things work out with Aqua Blue when we get back.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

We are going the end of May and staying in Captain's View. Let me know how your trip goes.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

They just opened the ending of last year. I have rented from them in December 2013, St. John Properties also recommended them to us. We stayed at Lidskjalf at Annaberg (lovely house by the way).

Their vehicles were brand new and the lady that met us on the dock was really nice. She did everything there and on our returned date they met us on the dock again, which was really nice and easy with our bags. The lady did mention that their office was still under-construction, but once it is open they will pick us up from the ferry on our arrival day and drop us off to the ferry on our return day.

They did not charge my husband and I, however I think they do charge any additional driver after two (you should call them to verify). I have already reserve a jeep from them for our next visit in January 2015.

Thanks!

R. Bultz

Highlands Ranch...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. Two weeks to go and getting very excited.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

We usually rent on STT, but charge for extra driver is pretty standard, I think

Denver
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

We just returned from there last week. Had one of their jeeps for 7 days. They are just getting started but they are doing so with brand new vehicles. Ours only had 1600 miles. We were very pleased. They were great to work with. The "KEEP LEFT" sign in the windshield was very helpful!

Highlands Ranch...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

We just returned and our experience with Aqua Blu was good. We were met at the ferry dock with the car and paperwork and were quickly on our way to the villa. We parked in their lot while in town. The lot is a few blocks away, near the tennis courts for those who know where they are. On departure day we drove to the ferry docks and unloaded our suitcases and returned our jeep right there. All went quickly and efficiently

I would not hesitate using them again..

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

Thanks for the update on Aqua Blu. We will be arriving in St. John in a little over 3 weeks! We are looking forward to our trip. We will post a trip report when we return.

Columbia, Missouri
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Aqua Blu Car Rental

My wife and I recently returned from St. John and rented from AquaBlu. We had a great experience with them. They met us at the dock, we loaded up and signed paperwork right there. When we were ready to return the jeep, we called them to arrange a meeting at the dock again. We unloaded right at the dock and were on our way. They were great to work with and we wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again. Our jeep was a 2014 Wrangler two-door with 1,800 miles on it. There were no power doors or locks, which isn't a problem for us, but it might be for some. Ask about that if necessary. Also, as with all rental companies on St. John, it's a good idea to talk to your personal insurance agent before you go about whether your insurance extends to a rental in the Virgin Islands, and bring a copy of your insurance with the policy number.

Reply to: Aqua Blu Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted