We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

Hello everyone ! I am closing in fast on my ( our ) return trip to St. John. I have ordered the Feet, Fins and 4 Wheel Drive book, but it has not arrived yet. I have a couple questions for those who have done this : I have HEARD, that the view from the top of Bordeaux Mountain is stunning. I have not done this before, and was wondering HOW you get there, and if there is a hike, how long it would be. My lovely wife has a terrible knee right now, so I'm wondering about this, and perhaps if I should do this one alone ??????...........

Also, ( please if you will ),..........anyone have any " MUST DO'S" while there ? I have snorkeled lots of beaches, and have a few to go to that I have not been to, but not much else. Would appreciate some feedback here, please ?....MANY THANKS !

Tom & Cindy !

1. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 13:35
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

Very Helpful, thank you very much !!!!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

Your question about Bordeaux Mountain is easy! Just drive up Centerline Rd, stop at the overlook, and get out of the car. Actually there are two easy stops to pullover and take great pictures. As far as must do's.. We try do snorkel Waterlemon every trip but the weather doesn't aways cooperate. Maho, Francis and Hawksnest are always on our favorite list and an easy walk for your wife . Little Lameshur, it's a rough ride to get there, but once you are there it is an easy walk and good snorkeling. Stop at the Tourist Trap for lunch. Have you gone to Miss Vie's Snack Shack on the East End? Good food (go early for lunch) and she has a private beach that is also an easy walk. She charges $2 or $3 to use her beach (there is a box at the gate to deposit your $$). The beach is nice and sandy, and there are a few lounge chairs (but they were in bad shape last year).

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
608 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

A few Must Do ideas...defined as activities we make a point to do on every trip we make to STJ:

1) Snorkel Waterlemon Cay

2) Burger at Skinny's

3) Drinks around sunset at Beach Bar

4) Gibney Beach

5) Ram Head Hike (snorkeling back to Salt Pond Beach from Cobblestone beach vs hiking all the way back is a great option)

Note: Salt Pond would probably not be a good activity for anyone with a bum knee...even the beach is about a 1/4 mile hike from parking lot.

6) Seagrass Snorkel at Maho or Francis to hang with the turtles and rays

Edited: 20 February 2014, 19:24
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

Awesome ! We have NOT been to Vie's for lunch, wanna do that, as well. WE go to Skinny's a lot, sit at the bar for lunch, and talk with the natives, who will talk your ear off for a Red Stripe ( so I oblige them ! )....Have NOT been to Little Lameshur either. We've been to Trunk, Maho, Cinnamon, Salt Pond (great snorkeling there ), but Jumbie was our most pleasant surprise ! Small but GORGEOUS,...........and NOBODY there every time we went LOVED IT. I will have to remember the pull offs on Centerline for photo ops. Thanks much !

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

Miss Vie's posted hours are Tues-Sat 11-4, but I'd call first just to be safe. (She is open when she wants.) 340-693-5033 We go early (before 1:30) because when she is out of food she doesn't make more, she closes.

Norristown...
Level Contributor
357 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

If you haven't done it, drive all the way out to the East End and check out Sloop Jones. Big time fun ride. Stop at Haulover to snorkel on the way to or from. Most folks will tell you Haulover North is better, but we like Haulover South, and it will be the easier beach if your wife is still having trouble with her knee. You can incorporate this activity with your trip to Vie's.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

have a romantic dinner at Chateau de Bordeaux Restaurant, it is sitting at top of the mountain, it is one of the most romantic dinners we ever had and good food too.

Germantown, MD
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

The overlook at Centerline is very nice and easy to get to. Watch for cars. If you take Route #108 from that overlook area behind those shops and drive towards Coral Bay, make your first right up a small hill to a dirt road portion, back to paved road and over the crest and start down the mountain you have big views towards the east. There is no real pull off area but at this point there is very little traffic on BMR so you could just sit in the road and look. Beautiful views that many visitors never see.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bordeaux Mountain View, How to get there ?

I second Chateau Bordeaux, but we ate breakfast there. Twice. Breakfast was wonderful, and the views were to die for.

For someone with bad knees, it would be perfect. You park, walk in to the restaurant, sit, and just enjoy the awesome views.