We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too Shocked to Write

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Too Shocked to Write

Eight nights on St. John. Sunny 85 degree days and waters, 75 degree nights. Snowing here now and in the 20's. It is what we signed up for, though.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,069 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too Shocked to Write

Try to start making plans for your next trip. I think it will make you feel a little bit better.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 16:40
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
733 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too Shocked to Write

I feel your pain - repatriating to the frozen DC area has not been easy for me! ;)

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too Shocked to Write

It never is. I enjoyed your report and soon will muster the will to relive our trip by writing mine and wishing we were there. Man was the weather fantastic this trip!

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
654 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too Shocked to Write

Get those St John pics up on the flat screen, make yourself a Painkiller and kick back and enjoy! Glad you had a great trip!

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
585 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too Shocked to Write

Funny, being from Texas, we actually like to say we go to STJ to escape the heat...we typically go in June when the highs are as much as 15 degrees cooler on STJ than in Dallas...certainly not the extreme weather variance you experience in winter time being from up north, but still makes a big difference to us.

Regardless, I can certainly empathize with your post vacation blues. And I actually think my withdrawal symptoms are getting worse with each successive trip. I mope around for about two weeks after we get back and really don't break out of the funk until the next trip is planned. Case and point, we booked our villa for this upcoming trip in June only a few days after we got back from last year's trip in June. Wouldn't be surprised if we start booking our next trip to STJ while we're on STJ :)

As mentioned above, taking tons of pics and getting them all aggregated into some photo sharing site is very therapeutic. So is writing a long trip report including a side list of tips, reminders and things you want to do on the next trip.

Lastly, stopping by STJ Spice on your way to the ferry to pick up another thing of Kiss of the Jumbie coffee and Cruz Bay Grill Rub helps make re-entry not quite as bumpy.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 23:12
6. Re: Too Shocked to Write

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27