We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

Woodstock...
4 posts
Save Topic
Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

My daughters (12 & 10) are interested in water skiing or tubing behind a boat on our upcoming trip in April. Is there a boat excursion that offers that and is there a preferred one?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

In 20+ years I've never seen anyone water skiing or tubing. They may be able to do a guided jet ski tour (with someone else driving) or parasailing at the Westin. Years ago my nieces did both. They thought the jet ski tour was lame because they couldn't drive, but they did enjoy the parasail although it seems pretty short for the price.

Maybe they'd like to try windsurfing or paddle-boarding at Cinnamon Bay. Or you could rent a dinghy for the day and check out the North shore beaches that way.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

Water skiing and tubing is not allowed in the Natl. Park waters so that is a limiting factor. Neither are jet skis so anywhere that jet skis operate it would be possible. - but I have to say I have only seen personal boats towing skiers over the years, occasionally I have seen vessels offering rides in Magens Bay on STT but rarely of late.

I did see waterskiers in the harbor of STT through the Frenchtown cut and over to Water Is. just last week -- likely a tender off one of the Mega Yachts.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,227 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

Since most of St John is National Park, motorized vessels are limited to mostly the Westin.

There are guided jet ski tours on St Thomas that allow you to drive your own jet ski, but for now, no tubing excursions, though I did see a tube once in the harbor. Guided tours are offered from Morningstar Beach, Sapphire Marina, and Bolongo Bay Resort.

Have they tried stand up paddleboarding? It's a very popular activity and boards can be rented at the popular beaches.

Woodstock...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

Thanks for the info...everyone! Your ideas are much appreciated! I will manage my daughters expectations accordingly!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

There are also jetskis and the new 'flyboarding' operations at Lindberg Bay on St Thomas.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

There is also ziplining on St Thomas if they weigh at least 70lbs. We have not done it as the weight is an issue & this trip involves extended family. Our kids are exactly the same age as yours, they love STJ.

7. Re: Are there boating excursions for water skiing or tubing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18