We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches and cruiseships

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches and cruiseships

It appears looking at the port schedule that we will have three days of our vacation where there are no crusieships in STT. On our first full day there, which is a Wednesday, it looks likely there will be three cruiseships in port. What beaches would be best to avoid that day? I live bike riding distance from Siesta Key beach in Florida and avoid it all on season so when I travel I don't like quieter beaches. Although maybe St. John never gets as crowded as Siesta (barely a gap between people) even with three ships in port and it won't matter what beaches we choose?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

Trunk and Cinnamon are where most cruisers go. Neither is going to be as busy as Siesta, but Trunk will be the busier one. There are plenty of other beaches. You don't say where you are staying.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

Might be a good day to check out Denis, Jumbie or Oppenheimer. These are all slightly hidden but easy to get to North Shore gems.

Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

Thanks Bluewater we are staying in Cruz Bay. We were thinking for doing Lind Trail that Wednesday since we don't pick up the rental car until that evening.

Thanks NJSurfsup! I haven't seen mentions of those yet, although I have just started planning my itinerary. I will definitely check those out.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,833 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

JMPINFLA...can you share the link where you found the cruise ship schedule? We want to avoid Trunk & Cinnamon on those days too. Enjoy your trip

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

Cruise ship schedule - scroll down for link:

http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/cruiseship/

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,833 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

Thank you!

7. Re: Beaches and cruiseships

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:17