Just booked airfare to STT for a group of family/friends (7 adults, 3 teens), and need help deciding on an itinerary for our ten day trip. We have been to Anguilla a few times over the past few years, and loved it but wanted to try something else. My initial reaction is to visit two islands, St. Thomas or St. Johns and Virgin Gorda or Tortola. We would probably rent a villa both places, but could be persuaded to stay in a hotel.
- Big beach fans! Spectacular Beaches are very important to us. Probably #1 on the list.
- Snorkling / day sails are a major plus.
- Good restaurants, especially great beach bars (think Gwen's on Anguilla or Blanchard's Beach Shack for those familiar with Anguilla). We are not gourmets, nor are we interested in paying gourmet prices. Love to find some place that we can pickup dinners to go. Love the simple, local places.
- Safety. We're from New York Metro, so are not naive, but I don't want to have to be overly concerned with crime. Locking doors and securing valuables are fine, as is common sense, but barbed wire is not my type of trip (e.g. Dominican Republic).
- Budget. Not no-frills, but certainly do not have a Bill Gates budget. Looking for villas in the $600/night range. We'll be going in July, so off-season should help.
Thanks so much in advance for assistance!