We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather over the next 10 days?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
weather over the next 10 days?

Heading to STJ for the next ten days starting tomorrow....can anyone on island provide a weather forecast?

Thank you

NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

Ugh, the ten day doesn't look too promising on weather.com or accuweather! I am really hoping SCATTERED showers are w-i-d-e-l-y scattered and short!!!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

Jim - we will be there the same time. I'd say over the years many days have a 20 - 30% chance of scattered showers. I'm not concerned at all. Showers come and go. We still have a fantastic time. And those showers often give us fantastic rainbows. Have a great time!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

Many times the showers are at night , try not to worry and have a great trip.

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

My theory: don't check the weather, you can't control it anyway. Our first year heading there I checked and it looked like rain everyday and I started to get depressed, then we arrived and had gorgeous weather everyday!

What we've found over the years is that you might get a pop up shower but they pass quickly.

Have fun!

Boston...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

Thanks for the replies and good wishes for a fun trip. Just want to have a few days in the sun!!

BTY, this forum has been very useful, for a first time visitor, it provided great advise and suggestions, Two months ago, I didn't know what a Red Hook was, where I could find one and why the hell I needed one anyway.:)

So keep posting info on the ferry, car rentals, villa reviews, where to park at the various beaches and other useful information and I hope others find it as useful as I did

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

Weather forecasts were invented for pessimists.

Live in the moment:

http://sapphireinthesun.com/

http://www.stjohnspice.com/spicecam/

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

You can easily find current and forecast-ed weather info from the locally produced site I use :

www.weathercarib.com

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

I suggest having a "hat" with you when at the beach - great for keeping the sun from baking your scalp but even more useful when there is a "pop up" shower - you grab a drink, put on your hat and get in the water to ride out the shower!

Have a great time!

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

Accuweather says some scattered showers, nothing ominous. Its really the usual forecast that I have seen over the years. I'm leaving tomorrow and not sweating it.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather over the next 10 days?

I will be there April 28 and have been checking the weather everyday show rain and cloudy weather :-(

Chicago winter has been brutal this year Im in need of lots of sun and hot weather!