We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the earliest you have packed?

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Topic
What is the earliest you have packed?

We leave in 10 days and im wondering if that is too early to pack the bag. What is the earliest you have packed for the trip:)

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

Oh... I've got u beat. Do i dare confess?...40 days out and started about a week ago...so excited!

Lapeer, Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

We will be there in 2 weeks and I started 2 weeks ago. Started packing for husband because he hasn't started.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

This is a fun thread! I usually pack 4-5 weeks in advance. We travel in Nov/Dec every year, so I don't have a need for swimsuits, shorts, and flip flops here in the Midwest during that time of year.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
741 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

We leave on the evening of the 19th, and I packed last Sat./Sun which is early for me. But work for me is too busy to leave to last minute. Hubby has not packed yet. BTW, hubby just asked tonight if he could play golf Sat. Morning. My response: you can do whatever you want as long as you are packed. I'm going for a massage. His friends thought I meant he could pack his bags f he played!

Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

I don't pack until a couple days before our trip, but I do start making piles on the bed in the guest room about a month before our trip. We do carry on only so we have to pack creatively. I mail a box with sunscreen, shampoo, after sun lotion, etc., 3 weeks before our trip.

Have a great time!!!

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

I am the world's worst packer! I hate it, I never know what I want to bring or leave behind. I literally pack about 4 hours before we leave.

The interesting part of this whole thing is I'm the one who plans the entire trip for 6 of us including villa reservation, plane reservations, food shopping and cooking prior to leaving (which I begin a month ahead), boarding ticket printer, ride to airport, etc.

But I can't my act together when it comes to packing 3 bathing suits, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 tops, and a couple sundresses and a few pairs of flip flops.

I know you don't need many clothes on STJ, but I still find myself taking out items I haven't worn all year thinking I might want to wear them on vacation!!

Level Contributor
1,254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

I start laying out "STUFF" on spare bed at least a month in advance. We are cooler people and also take along snacks, etc. and I am the person in our group of usually 8 who takes care of this. I also am the planner and reservation "agent". Throughout the month I add items to the pile, then take other items away and finally about 2 days prior to leaving I pack most of the items in the suitcase. There are always a couple items to add in the morning prior to leaving. I am capable of waiting until the last minute to pack, but with a busy schedule I choose not to. Makes me feel more relaxed and not uptight the night before our flight!

8. Re: What is the earliest you have packed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16