We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental insurance

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
car rental insurance

Hi all! Allianz Travel Insurance has a car rental policy for $72 for the week that seems pretty comprehensive. I've never booked through them. Does anyone one have any thoughts or experience with this company?

Pa.
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental insurance

Sorry, I have never used them. Have you checked with your personal car insurance company? You will still be in the US territory, so your auto policy may cover you. Ours does and we never get car insurance when we are in St. John. Also, our American Express card has car insurance coverage that automatically charges your card like $30 for a very comprehensive coverage for the full time you're renting the vehicle, I think up to one months and it covers most areas of the globe.

California
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental insurance

We use the same American Express insurance, they even charge less for California residents for some reason. We also rely on our insurance from home and I just bring a copy of it with me.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental insurance

Thanks for the input, I do not have an AMEX. Have left a message with my personal auto insurance but have not heard back. Car insurance and trip insurance have been the last things on my check list to look into for the trip.

4. Re: car rental insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16